You are finally taking the time to start your business blog! That’s awesome! I know you have a lot on your plate, but these blog things can be super helpful. Let’s talk about that first! Why should I be blogging for your business anyway?! How is this important?
WHY BLOG FOR BUSINESS
Everyone is talking about it and you know you need to get on it. But why is it important anyway...blogging?
It helps to first figure out what purpose you want your blog to have. What is the point of writing all of this content, right? My suggestion is to think about what your clientele is looking for when they go online for answers to their questions about your type of business. What is it your customers want and how can you fulfill that need?
1. Client Questions. Help your specific clientele with the valuable answers, tips, and info they are looking for in your area. Answer the questions they have with answers in your blog content.
2. Expert In Your Field. When you blog for your business you show the expertise that you hold. You show your professionalism and abilities to the world, to your community, to your prospective clientele.
3. You Educate! This is a great reason to blog. People are always wondering how something works in your industry and this is the perfect platform to share it.
4. Content to Market. Marketing requires a lot of content creation and sharing. When you have a blog you have the perfect content to share that will route traffic to your website.
5. Search Engine Response. When you blog on your website consistently you not only tell your clientele that you’re serious and professional, you are telling the search engines the same thing. They like that and will show that info in a search request when people come looking for your type of business more often than when someone doesn’t blog.
I am talking with you today during the pandemic of 2020. And, you might be wondering what you should be doing for your business during this crummy time. Yes, it’s a downturn in the economy. And, yes, it’s different from other economic issues we have gone through in our lifetime. But, business is still going on. And, you can research it, but businesses that make it out of downturns and do well are often the businesses that continue to keep marketing.
You might be thinking, really? “Should I be marketing at all?” For one reason or another, you might be asking yourself if it’s worth your time or money, if it’s appropriate when others are hurting to spend you energy talking about your business or even celebrating what you have to offer to others.
But, I’m here to tell you now is the perfect time to be marketing your business. Like I pointed out earlier. The businesses that made it out better than others were the ones that continued to market right through the rough patches. Right through the hard times. Right through the rocky periods.
How does the song go? “If you’re going through hell, keep on going, don’t slow down, if you’re scared don’t show it, you might get out before the devil even knows you’re there!” That’s just fantastic isn’t it! Who would have thought Rodney Atkins was talking about the business world?!
Now. There. You see marketing is still important to your business even during the crap times. So, on that note, where should you focus your business efforts. You have a lot of options.
Like direct marketing like fliers and postcards, social media marketing, video marketing, email marketing or my favorite…. blogging. And, you can certainly aim for some of them. But, blogging is your primary key foundation to all your marketing. It’s one of the big reasons I like it and why I always encourage all businesses to start here.
So now you’re asking yourself, what’s the big deal about blogging. Isn’t that already old school marketing stuff? Pthhhh…. Just because it’s been around a long time doesn’t mean it’s dead. It’s still around because it’s tried and true and proved to be valuable to marketing and educating your customers.
One of the big reasons it can be tough to stay on a blogging and content creation schedule is the giant mess you have on your computer. You have started blog articles, left them unfinished, moved to the next article and then left and moved on to yet another project.
When you’ve had time to come back to your blog article writing, you spend 20 minutes just trying to find the document you were working on or wondering what you were in the middle of and trying to pick itup where you left off.
Organizing your Blogging Content can help alleviate this struggle and recover from any lost time. Instead of scrambling to get back to building your blog content you can spend the time actually doing the work and showing it to the world.
It’s easy once you have a system laid out!
Stuff is going to happen right? Crisis comes to everyone. From things we saw coming to things we didn’t. It’s probably never going to be easy to get through it. But, it’s good to be prepared as much as you can so the impact is as minor as possible.
It’s also important to understand what you should continue to do with your home service businesses and what you can put on the back burner until the crisis has passed.
The one thing I like to talk about most is marketing and how that should continue and stay on the forefront of your business actions. One of the top things you should continue to do for your business during any sort of crisis is marketing. Getting noticed and gaining brand awareness should never go quiet for your business during a town period. Yours or the worlds. From illness like COVID-19 (coronavirus 2020), to economic recessions, to issues in your own family. Staying in front of people's eyes is always a good idea.
Why Blog for for your Business?
Are you considering starting to write a blog for your home service business? Do you wonder if it would be helpful to your customers and your marketing?
Let me give you 6 great reasons why it’s great for both your business and your customers!
6 Reasons a Blog is Good for Business
1. Answer Customer Questions With Your Blog. One great reason to write a blog for your home service business is to answer questions your customers have about your business. You can write about questions that keep coming to you during your day. Do customers ask repeat questions when you give an estimate? Or how about before you start a job or after the job is complete. A blog is the perfect place to write about these topics. Your prospect customers can come by and read about the specific questions they have before they even meet you. This helps build on your brand and create a trustworthy business and crew.
SERVICE #1 - YOUR PLANNING AND STRATEGY
Planning is what changed it all for me. Planning is actually quite exciting. Because this is what can be the pivoting point for your business, for your marketing, for your... whatever. When you take the time to sit down and plan out all the areas of your business, all the areas of your marketing, all the areas of your day... oh, you really start to run your own show. This is when the show stops running you! This is when your day stops going haywire. This is when you get a grip and you get a handle on running your business. Exciting!
Content Creation and Business Writing Specialist
I'm Jennifer Ressmann
You've been thinking about how to get more exposure for your business! Now we can make that happen.
My job is helping you... with your business marketing & brand awareness. People are looking Online for you and your expertise. Make sure you're out there and you look good!
I work providing relief for you and your business by creating content
for your blog and marketing or lead funnels.
Let's make sure you're out there and getting noticed! 😀👍
Get Your Starter Marketing Kit - Start Your Marketing Today!
Content by Category
Copyright © 2018-2021
All Rights Reserved
Voiyoo Business Writing - Making your life easier. Providing Written Content with Optimized Graphics for Established Businesses.